Friday, February 27, 2009

If you give a mouse a cookie...

He's gonna want some milk.

I was in need of some work pants. I’ve been fighting it because in my fight against the flab, buying pants in a larger size would be defeat. And I am nothing if not a sore loser. ANYWAYS, I decided I needed to buy at least a pair of pants because, really, I mostly wear dresses to work (so much easier to pretend I hadn’t put on 10 lbs). And I found two pair. Two pair of pants ON SALE for $30. NIIICE. Okay. I’m heading toward the door…

Errr…are those bathing suits? I don’t NEED a bathing suit, I have one I’ve never worn from last year. Put that down. LOOK at those shirts though. That’s nice. Goes with the pants. (I’ll be honest. I have 100 bajillion tops. 3,000,000 sweaters, and 90,000 tank tops. I don’t know where to put it all) But, here I am. Because if I’m going to buy new pants, I should get a shirt to go with these pants and that one is SO CUTE. So, I grab that one.

I’m still heading toward the door. But then, I see a green top. Sort of peasant-y. Thin, short sleeved. So me. Also so cute. And I grab that too. Because remember? I bought TWO pair of pants. And speaking of green? Did I mention that green is my favorite color? I have these green HEELS, but I still can’t wear them, so basically, what I’m saying is: I don’t have any green shoes to go with my shirt. Luckily though, THEY’VE got green wedges that are perfect.

So. If I go to the store for pants, I’m going to need tops and now that I’ve got tops and pants..I need shoes to make it all work. Now I’ve got 2 very cute outfits, and shoes.

Anybody got any cookies?

9 comments:

Karen said...

OMG! We'd make perfect shopping buddies! I do the same thing, but I'd probably stop at the purses on the way out too. LOL!

kaila said...

As much as I hate to shop (I know)...I am still the same way. I will even buy shoes first! - and then find an outfit to go with them - 'cuz, you know, shoes are awesome....

Anonymous said...

You know you have issues. Hey did they have the shoes in a 8 or the shirt in a large purple? Just asking!

Aimee said...

It sounds like we have very similar taste in clothes. Now, the big question is, when you get your diva on, what do you like to wear?

Miss said...

I'm the same way! It would be best that we never go shopping together!

Lump said...

ahahaha I want to go shopping with you! I do the same exact thing. :)

McMommy said...

Were you at Target or Old Navy?

Those stores make me all hot and bothered.

I.LOVE.THEM.

Julia said...

Came to visit from Momalicious and wanted to say Hi!!

I wont buy a pair of pants any more if it requires going up to the "next" size. Agghhh!!!!!!! I figure If I cant fit in it I dont deserve it. ;)

Unknown said...

I refuse to go up a size in pants... tops on the other hand... there's my weakness!
Stopping by from the Mom-a-licious linkathon =)