Thursday, October 30, 2008

Party Like a Rock Star

And not in a trashing a hotel kind of way.







I'm talking about going out. See...I was going to post about something completely different today, but...well, I'm not. I'm going to talk about going out in the middle of the week, like I can sleep til noon.



When you are "regular people", which, I certainly AM, there are certain things you shouldn't do:


  1. Drink & Drive. Checking into rehab with not stop Mr. Police officer from arresting your ass and you will probably get your license revoked.

  2. Make a sex tape. Unless you are banging somebody famous, nobody cares. Really.

  3. Get caught with a hooker. They very rarely look like Julia Roberts, and you can bet your ass they'll be no happy ending. Well, they'll be "happy ending"...but, you know what I mean.

  4. Hang out until after midnight, when you know you have to get up at 5 AM to go to your REAL JOB. This would also include going out on Sunday because you have work the next morning.. or going out in the middle of the week.
Guess what rule I decided to break? Heyyyy!! You stop that, I would never pay for sex and videos make you look 10 lbs heavier, and believe me, I'm heavy enough. And I know you wouldn't insult me by guessing #1.



Right. So yesterday, I get a text message to my phone, saying I've won a ticket to come on down and check out the new Blackberry Storm. They're having a launch party. (Only in LA would they have a party/concert for a PHONE. C'mon down and check out our new PHONE?! And in return, check out this band. REALLY? Yes, really. And it was complete with a red carpet, stars AND papparazzi.)



So now? Back at work, dragging ass. Because I can't resist 1) free booze 2)concerts 3) free booze AND concerts together. I apparently CAN resist my common sense.





I e-mail my co-worker to tell about last nights adventures and to send her pictures of her favorite drummer in the whole wide world, and she says that she wished SHE coulda went, but she's a grown up and can't be going out on a Wednesday night. I say, well if you were childish & immature like me*, you know what you woulda got?

The Set List.







*My husband says that I'm a stalker. So I looked it up: [stawk] an act or course of stalking quarry, prey, or the like (if by the like you mean, A BAND). Hmm...*whistling & trying to look innocent* Nawww, Not Me....

3 comments:

Kori said...

Just have to laugh; my 14 year old was very disdainful the other night when I told him I could watch a movie when I got home because I had to work the next day. He says, "Mom, you ARE allowed to stay up past 10:00." Are we getting old? No. Just-tired, ha ha. ans, um, what was it about that sex tape thing? **whistling and looking at the sky***

Lump said...

you have all the fun!! and yeah I can't hang until midnight during the week. ha!

tiarastantrums said...

well - did you go out??