Friday, December 26, 2008

The TRUE Meaning...

mon·de·green: (mŏn'də-grēn', môn'-) n. A series of words that result from the mishearing or misinterpretation of a statement or song lyric. For example, I led the pigeons to the flag instead of I pledge allegiance to the flag.

Every year for Christmas Eve, the family has Christmas Dinner and a gift exchange at my Mom’s house. This was created so that we can all get together for the Holiday, without having to spend Christmas DAY driving all over LA to visit everyone, and we can spend it doing whatever we’d like.

So there we are, sitting around passing out gifts, laughing and listening to “Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas” on a local radio station that plays Christmas music, when my cousin announces to no one in general:

I JUST NOW realized the words to this song are NOT “Happy golden days, up yours.”

(Well, if THAT doesn’t scream Christmas spirit, I don’t know what does. But, if I’m going to be honest, I’ve thought UP YOURS to no less than THREE people when I was doing my last minute Christmas shopping and said it to the lady that stole my parking space at the mall)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! So Funny....I know what you mean though...about the UP YOURS! People can be so rude. Hope you are having a nice holiday. Happy New Year!

Simplicity said...

LMAO! I like the 'led the pigeons to the flags' one too!!

:)

Tabitha Blue said...

Love it!!!! Hilarious!!!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

Kori said...

hahahahahah, that is too freaking funny.

Anonymous said...

Here's one you should remember!
E O I = Keep Hope Alive

Lump said...

Every time I hear that song now, I'm going to UP YOURS. ha! :)

Lump said...

whoops I didn't mean UP YOURS.

I forgot to put the word HEAR Up yours. damn.

Everyday Goddess said...

It's my favorite holiday song now.
Thanks cousin whomever!