To clarify, Baker is around 90 miles from Vegas. Give or take. It is the home of:
|World's LARGEST thermometer|
But let's face it, I don't drive all this way to find out how hot it is. And it's DAMN HOT in Baker in April.
VEGAS, baby. I went there. I didn't go for the usual reasons though. EVEN THOUGH a decent amount of liquor was imbibed and a fair amount of dollars were dropped at the roulette tables. No...I went because my sister
I going to write a post, but then it started getting LONG. REALLY LONG. So how about some highlights?
- My sissie ran almost 5.5 miles. At 9 o'clock. OF THE EVENING. I think it sucks that you have to spend the WHOLE DAY AND MOST OF THE NIGHT in Vegas sober, because you have to run a relay later that night. At least they party after their leg is over.
- In order to be on the relay route, to hum the theme of Rocky at her before she passed the baton, I had to get my car marked with her team's number.
- I think THIS proves that the LAPD has a sense of humor.
- I thought it was very cool that each runner had a car following them. Warning: Not a very good picture, because I TAKE HORRIBLE PICTURES.
- Being around all those cops and such made we wanna yell out the window, "FUCK THE POLICE", N.W.A-style.
- Sometimes, I open my mouth even when I KNOW I should keep it closed.
- My husband thinks I'm ridiculous.
- I really wish that we could have stayed until Monday, so we wouldn't have to rush back Sunday trying to beat the traffic.
- I'm VERY PROUD of my Sissie for participating.
- On the way back from Vegas, we stopped at Alien Fresh Jerky. In Baker. Which is more than an hour BY CAR. And all I could think was, "These mf'ers RAN from here to Vegas?! That's badass, but STILL. They are ALL outta their damn minds!"
- Next year, we're going back. She's going to run again!
This still ended up being long-ish. What are you gonna do? Until the next Vegas trip!