Monday, November 10, 2008

Message to the Man


Happy Birthday Honey! You are 233 years old today. Looking pretty good for an old guy.


This weekend we are going out to celebrate in Marine Corps style, you in your blues (damn, do I love a man in uniform), me in a fancy dress to do you proud. We are gonna impress the shit out of everybody! And then, we are going to eat shitty ball room food...listen to the Commendant's message and eat some cake. Because it's your birthday!

I'm going to let you do Jack Daniel shots until they stop buying them for you, I'm going to let you buy drinks for other Marines, and I will do my best to keep you out of trouble, while drinking copious amounts of liquor myself (because I am a Marine Corps wife, I learned early to keep up or shut up). And later I will do that thing you like, if you're not so drunk that it's all I can do to pour you into bed. Because it's your birthday.


I have been with you from Kuwait to Okinawa to Afghanistan. And I've never been any prouder of you than I am right now for becoming one of the few.


Semper Fi,

Your loving wife.

5 comments:

Lump said...

Happy Birthday to your Man! you two look amazing in the photo.

you should have another shot and more cake for me. ;)

Kori said...

I wish I looked ahlf as good as either one of you! Happy Birthday to him, and I hope he knows how dang blessed he is.

Miss said...

Happy Birthday to the man! As an ex military wife, I bow down to both of you!

MarĂ­a said...

Happy Birthday dude!

Anna Lefler said...

Hey, Lynette! What a great birthday message! He's a lucky man...

Nice, to "meet" you, my Favorite Things Swap partner! Your blog rocks...

XO

Anna